Whether it’s for a family dinner or a Saturday night dinner, this Tuscan recipe for chicken and cheese macaroni is your winning card, it’s creamy, rich, and full of flavors! and besides, it won’t cost you a fortune to make. So let’s dive and start cooking!
TUSCAN CHICKEN MAC AND CHEESE
Yield: 4 Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 30 minutes Additional Time: 5 minutes Total Time: 45 minutes
This Tuscan chicken mac and cheese recipe is super simple, quick, and easy to make in a few minutes! rich and creamy with that melted cheddar cheese. After you try this you won’t be able to eat any other mac and cheese!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 350g of Maccheroni Rigati
- Fresh parsley
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 yellow onion finely diced
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 Fresh tomato peeled and cut into quarters
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 2 tbsps butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup of grated cheddar cheese
- First, of all-season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and the paprika, at the same time, put in a small pan ( i used a cast iron old pan ) olive oil and butter and sear the sides of the chicken breasts for 4 minutes on each side.
- After that take the pan out of the heat and put it in the oven for 15 minutes at 200C°.
- In a large saucepan boil water with salt, and cook your macaroni according to the package instructions ( Al Dente ) not too firm and not too tender in the middle.
- Now heat a medium saucepan, drizzle with olive oil, and fry the minced garlic and the diced onion until golden.
- Add the tomato, and the spices ( salt, black pepper, smoked paprika) and cook for about 4 minutes with stirring from time to time.
- Add the flour and let it cook for an additional minute then add you’re heavy creamy along with the milk. At this moment you can lower the heat and let it cook at and low temperature.
- Add your cooked Maccheroni and stir. Add in the chopped parsley and mix everything.
- Grate some good cheddar cheese on top and mix it with the pasta.
- Take your chicken breasts out of the oven, and let it rest for a couple of minutes.using a sharp knife cut the chicken breasts like you desire and add them on top of the macaroni. Sprinkle with any remaining fresh chopped parsley and serve!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 572 Total Fat: 23g Saturated Fat: 9g Cholesterol: 73mg Sodium: 923mg Fiber: 4g Sugar: 7g Protein: 36g