Easy homemade white chicken chili 30 minutes – It’s a hearty, healthy dish loaded with tender chicken and full of bold flavours! A comforting, fast and easy food that everyone loves! It will be rotating all winter!
The BEST chili white chicken recipe
Chili is that the ultimate nutrient for autumn and winter. Who can say no to a bowl of hot, thick chili crammed with tender chicken and hearty cannellini beans?
This white chili recipe is one in all the most effective I’ve ever eaten and is now a part of our rotation. it’s highly flavored with Vidalia sweet onions, jalapeno peppers, and green peppers.
It’s so easy and prepared in half-hour. No must stand over a pot that simmers for hours. Many ingredients are thrown into the pot at the identical time and in no time, this chili is prepared, healthy, and comforting.
My family loved this easy-to-prepare white pepper, and that I love that it’s ready so quickly and with minimal effort.
Like all chillies, it tastes better on the day or two days after its preparation and flavours combine, making it an ideal meal to arrange before. Make a batch on weekends and you’ll enjoy it during the week.
You can also keep 1/2 it within the freezer for the night after you can’t take anything out of the freezer for dinner.
Easy 30-Minute Homemade White Chicken Chili
prep time10 MINUTEScook time20 MINUTEStotal time30 MINUTES
This white chicken chili is hearty, healthy, loaded with tender chicken, and packed with flavor!! Fast and easy comfort food that everyone loves!!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups sweet Vidalia or yellow onion, peeled and diced small (about 2 medium/large onions)
- 1 large jalapeno pepper (about 4 to 5 inches long), diced very small (the seeds are where the heat is concentrated; included or discard them based on preference)
- 7 to 8 ounces canned green chiles, don’t drain (I used mild heat)
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and finely minced
- 32 ounces (4 cups) low-sodium chicken broth
- 4 cups shredded cooked chicken (use about 1 whole store-bought rotisserie chicken to save time; or roast or cook your own chicken in a skillet)
- two 15-ounce cans of cannellini beans drained and rinsed (see step 4 below about blending 1 cup of the beans with a splash of chicken broth or water)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoons salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional and to taste
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro leaves, finely minced
- tortilla strips, chips, crackers, diced avocado, shredded cheese, and/or sour cream; all are optional for garnishing
- To a large Dutch oven or stockpot, add the olive oil and heat over medium-high heat to warm.
- Add the onion, jalapeno, green chilis, and sauté for about 7 minutes, or until vegetables begin to soften. Stir intermittently.
- Add the garlic and sauté for 1 to 2 minutes. Stir intermittently.
- Add the chicken broth, chicken, cannellini beans including whole beans, and blended bean mixture (take 1 cup of the beans, add to a food processor or blender, add a splash of chicken broth or water and blend until smooth; mixture should be thick.
- Add the blended bean mixture along with the whole beans to the pot), lime juice, cumin, oregano, salt, pepper, red chili flakes, optional cayenne pepper, and bring to a boil.
- Allow mixture to boil gently for about 7 to 10 minutes. It’s unlikely, but if at any point the overall liquid level looks low or you prefer your chili to be thinner, add 1 cup of water or as desired; you’ll adjust the salt and seasoning levels at the end. For thicker chili, allow the mixture to boil longer and reduce until the desired thickness is reached.
- Add the cilantro and boil 1 minute.
- Taste chili and add salt to taste. This will vary based on how salty the chicken broth, beans, and rotisserie chicken are, and personal preference. Make any necessary seasoning adjustments (i.e. more salt, pepper, cumin, cayenne, lime juice, etc.).
- Ladle chili into bowls, and optionally garnish with tortilla strips, chips, crackers, avocado, cheese, and/or sour cream; serve immediately.
- Chili will keep airtight in the fridge for 5 to 7 days or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
YIELD: 8 SERVING SIZE: 1
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 604 TOTAL FAT: 24g SATURATED FAT: 5g TRANS FAT: 0g UNSATURATED FAT: 15g CHOLESTEROL: 88mg SODIUM: 4395mg CARBOHYDRATES: 64g FIBER: 13g SUGAR: 19g PROTEIN: 40g