This is a awfully good tuna fish salad recipe that I received from an exponent who used it in her catering business a few years ago. the key ingredients are curry and Parmesan! Weird combinations, but it is a great tuna sandwich! She used it as a starter with gourmet cookies and other people always wanted her recipe. I’ve never tasted another tuna fish salad like this, and this has been my favorite recipe for several years.
Barbie’s Tuna Salad
Prep:10 mins Total:10 mins Servings:4 Yield:4 servings
- 1 (7 ounces) can white tuna, drained and flaked
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
- ⅛ teaspoon dried minced onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- ¼ teaspoon curry powder
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- Step 1 In a medium bowl, stir together the tuna, mayonnaise, relish, Parmesan cheese, and onion flakes. Season with parsley, dill, curry powder, and garlic powder. Mix well and serve with crackers or on a sandwich.
Per Serving: 228 calories; protein 13.4g 27% DV; carbohydrates 5.3g 2% DV; fat 17.3g 27% DV; cholesterol 23.7mg 8% DV; sodium 254.6mg 10% DV.