The recipe for the super easy-to-make lemon meringue pie is similar to my first and original recipe that I published on my blog earlier this year! fully made from scratch with some tips here and there. The crust of the pie is made from scratch and is mainly inspired by the recipe of all recipes.
AUTHENTIC LEMON PIE WITH MERINGUE
yield: 6 prep time: 37 MINUTES Cook time: 1 HOUR total time: 1 HOUR 37 MINUTES
Super easy to make the lemon pie with meringue recipe is similar to the first and original recipe I published on my blog earlier this year! made entirely from scratch with a few tips here and there.
- 75 g cornstarch
- 220 g sugar
- 125 ml of lemon juice
- 300 ml of water
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 60 g butter diced into cubes
- 3 eggs
- 100 g additional sugar
- pie crust
- vanilla pod
- 70gr granulated sugar
- 200gr all-purpose flour
- 125gr cold butter
- 1 egg
- First of all Prepare the pie crust, by opening the vanilla pod and scrape the seeds. Mix in a bowl the vanilla pods and the granulated sugar.
- Also, Lift the flour on your working space. Cut the butter in pieces and work it by hand with flour until the preparation is sandy.
- Dig a small well in the mix obtained. Crack the egg and pour sugar and vanilla mix. Mix by hand all the ingredients, but without kneading them too much.
- mash the dough to make it homogeneous, then roll it in a loop, wrap it in a film and let it rest for at least 30 minutes.
- melt the remaining butter. Coat in a 26cm diameter pie pan with removable bottom (or 6 tart pans). garnish with dough.
- Now bake in a preheated oven for 15 minutes at 200 Cº.
- For the filling in a saucepan, put in cornflour, granulated sugar, and the lemon zest, add water and mix until you get homogeneous consistency. gradually add the lemon juice and water, bring to a boil at medium-high heat, without stopping mixing. Cook 1 minute until you get homogeneous consistency and shiny.
- Remove from heat and add the egg yolks one by one, and the butter.
- immerse the bottom of the pan in cold water to stop the cooking.
- Spread the cream on top of the pie.
- For the meringue, beat the egg whites and add gradually the sugar into the mix.
- Finally, brown it with a torch, and let it cold before serving.
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 424 TOTAL FAT: 19g SATURATED FAT: 11.6g FIBER: 0.9g SUGAR: 57.7g PROTEIN: 5g